Here you'll find a shortlist of things to think about.
Every company and employee should assess the riscs and probabilities.
This matrix may help to organize your thoughts:
- Small chance x small damage = low risc - no insurance
- Big chance x small damage = medium risc - insure only if you are unable or unwilling to face liability
- Small chance x big damage = medium risc - insure only if you are unable or unwilling to face liability
- Big chance x big damage = high risc - insure for sure
- Medical expenses
- Illness (in the Netherlands the company has to pay wages during illness for up to 2 years)
- Permanent disability
- Corporate liability
- Debtor risc (factoring)